<div><br></div><div><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: verdana; font-size: 11px; "><table style="width: 100%; "><tbody><tr><td class="color" style="width: 95%; font-size: 8pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); "><p>Hello my school is doing a survey on the age that you should be allowed to drink...We have a group put together and we're trying to convince the senators that the age should be 18...If you all could write your real name, age, and what you think on the subject. Please and thank you everyone!</p></td></tr></tbody></table></span></div>
<FONT size=4>I just turned 50.The last time it was 18 in Illinois I hit it just right!!I could drink when I was 18 and was 21 by the time they changed it!!Didn't much matter I was getting booze anyway before that!!</FONT>
Here in England, the legal age has always been 18. Dont think it makes alot of difference really, mentally your no different at 21 then you would be at 18.
<p><font size="3">I am torn on this subject,I am 51 years old and even when I was in the Marine Corp's from 1975-1979 I said what many people said,If I can serve my country (I enlisted at age 18) and am capable to go to war,Why can't I have a beer!I like Digger am from Chicago,IL and in 1977 or so? they made it law stating you can drink beer or wine if your 19 This only helped if I lived here,I was stationed at Camp Pendelton in California at the time,Believe me I was out of control! basically a crazy teenager!Who should not have been granted the ability to drink,Even though I did plenty of hard core drinking,I can honestly say as an individual I am not one of the 18 year old's you want drinking legally!I do believe a certain percentage of 18 year old's are mature enough to handle alcohol,In my honest opinion I don't believe there are enough of them.I think the three years of living,Learning,and experiencing life between 18 to 21 are crucial to preparing for the fun and unfortunately "tragic" times that drinking provide's.So no I'm not an advocate of dropping the age to 18 to drink.</font></p><p><font size="3">My name is Eddie Schaffer</font> <br></p>
<FONT face="comic sans ms,sand" color=#333399 size=2>Actually I think it should be raised to 25 or older.<BR>The way people irresponsibly drink and do stuff like drive is ridiculous.<BR>The older you are the more you have seen and done hence the wiser one actually is.Some people think when they turn 21 they have the "right" to go out and get drunk.Drinking isn't a "RIGHT" it's a PRIVALAGE.</FONT>
We had that same question when I was in school.I was just turning (18 ththtppt) 21 as the law passed here.I think the same that if they (the people) are expected to register for voting,pay taxes,ect. (here you must be old enough for work under "insurance" ,taxes as an adult,even official adult "working papers") But,........there are "dry towns" I'm sure if an 18 year old adult working/drinking law led to "issues" in some busier towns, there would be a way to prohibit the occurrance in the future. (night and underground bars excepted).
<p>They should actually raise the driving age to 21, and lower the drinking ge to 18. That would be the only way I'd support a measure like that.</p><p>Pretendman</p><p><a href="http://www.hullabaloocostumes.com/c-12297-adult-costumes.aspx" mce_href="http://www.hullabaloocostumes.com/c-12297-adult-costumes.aspx">Adult Halloween Costumes </a></p>